This course provides an understanding of the Wireless Lan technologies, applications, and the associated standards commonly in use today. Other topics in this course are hardware, design criteria, protocol layers, interoperability, IEEE 802.11x Standards, MAC, coverage, RF broadcast schemes, and antenna systems. An overview of wireless LAN security and operational constraints are also included in this course.
Wireless LANs Course Objectives
- Explain the requirements for wireless LAN technologies.
- Describe common applications and topologies of wireless LANs.
- Describe the main components of a wireless LAN.
- Describe the design requirements a wireless LAN.
- Explain spread spectrum wireless and infrared technologies.
- Describe sharing techniques for wireless LAN nodes.
- Explain the use of bridging and Mobile IP in wireless LANs. compare technologies for wireless LANs.
- Describe wireless LAN security components.
- Describe the threats to wireless LAN security.
- Describe possible solutions to overcome wireless security issues.
- Explain how to develop a security policy for a wireless LAN.
- Discuss the power output and frequency regulations governing wireless LAN implementation.
- Outline the IEEE 802.11 standard and its working groups.
- Describe the 802.11 MAC and PHY standards developed by IEEE
© 2010 by
San Diego Electrical Training Center All rights reserved